Social Media Share
- Hits: 249
Search For Surf early access was released today on Steam 9-10-19. Now you can buy it for about 10 USD while it is in early access. Regular price is set at 12.99 USA. This will also help us in development, but more so, you will have a really cool surfing 3D open world video game to play.
There are currently 6 breaks, but I won't tell you where they are...you have to search for them.
Check it out and tell your friends.
- Hits: 387
We have been making great improvements to many things in the game. The best way to show them to you is through the video.
Some highlights are:
A weather system - Day turns into night, and there is fog, rain, tropical sunsets, and it makes the feel and atmosphere really cool for exploring the islands.
Better looking water - We keep coming up with ways to improve the look of the water and make it more realistic looking. The video doesn't do it justice, you are going to have to see it when playing.
Better Surfing - The surfing is improving but can still use some perfecting. There are a lot of option and we'll get there, but we're not quite there yet. If you play the demo then know that it is being improved, easier and more fun and realistic.
New Characters - Finally you don't have to stare at the guy in the green underpants! A tiki hut is set up to go on the island and go into the shop and choose from new characters. Selections are limited, but will be plentiful upon release.
Those are the major additions and we are working tirelessly to get the game out. Check back soon for updates, and tell everyone about the game.
Search For Surf Crew.
- Hits: 703
I put the demo on Steam. Steam the game website...yeah.
You can play it for free. It's the same demo as the one on this website.
Here's a link to the Steam page:
But wait there's more. I am developing a new version that will be out in a few weeks.
Here's the next:
- I added a seadoo to motor around to different spots.
- 3 new breaks added and more to come.
- Duck diving works! Right Mouse to duck dive.
- You will now need to tap space bar to pop up on a wave.
- Random set waves.
Not yet changed but needs to be some day - Same player in the green underpants. Coming soon - lose the green underpants...uh I mean change to more surfey coool character. In the final there will be a choice of characters.
Physics improvements coming. Also, graphics improvements are scheduled. Nothing exceptional but improved.
Have fun playing the demo. Give it a thumbs up if you like it, and buy the "early access" game on steam in about a month when it comes out.
I may need testers to help, so if you want to try it for free and give constructive feedback then email me and let me know.
- Hits: 658
How come I haven't updated in two months you ask?
Been busy developing the game. A video of game play will be posted soon.
A few of the main highlights that you will notice are
- No more green underpants. That's right. Character select system is working but not ready, but is working and now you won't have to stare at the surfers green underpants the whole time you're paddling. A choice of much more attractive players will be available.
- Sunsets and night surfing. There's a weather system, that makes all the upgrades to the graphics look even cooler. Water looks just a bit more real every time, and sunsets are...well...breathtaking, ha ha. Get it, surfing game, breathtaking? Not funny? OK.
- More stuff on land, and lights at night. New stuff in the world to explore. More to come.
- Only one new break, but more and more to come.
- Still improving the surfing mechanics and overall everything making it better.
The demo is still available for free to play from this website home page, and from itch.io, and on steam, so that will have to keep you stoked until the game comes out. But it's going well and will be worth the wait. Tell a friend and like it on any page that you can.
- Hits: 528
I haven't added much on the site for a while but am at work making the game better. I added a Seadoo to motor around to other breaks, and added a new test break. It's a peak, left and right breaks off a new island. It's not included in the demo but check out the new video. The new break also has set waves, and random wave generation, so wait for a set wave, or surf the little inside breaks. There are some bugs in the new build but they are being fixed and everything is on schedule to have a real game by July. Check back soon more posts will be, well uh, posted more frequently as we get closer to summer in SoCal.
Page 2 of 4